The glass is divided into ordinary glass and crystal glass, and crystal glass is divided into two types: lead-free crystal glass and leaded crystal glass. So how do we identify lead-free glasses?
The method is actually very simple. We can distinguish between leaded glass and lead-free glass by looking at aspects such as weight, logo, color and heat resistance.
How to identify lead-free glass
1. Look at the signs: Lead-free glass generally contains potassium, mostly high-end crafts and has a logo on the outer packaging; leaded glass contains lead, which is a crystal glassware commonly found in some supermarkets and stalls. The content can reach 24%.
2. Look at the color: Lead-free glass has better refractive index than traditional leaded crystal glass, and it more perfectly shows the refractive performance of metal glass; such as various shapes of ornaments, crystal wine glasses, crystal lights, etc. Made of leaded glass.
3. Look at the heat resistance: The glass can generally withstand high temperatures, but the general cold and heat resistance is poor. Lead-free crystal glass is a glass with a high coefficient of expansion, which is more resistant to extreme cold and heat. If you use boiling water in a particularly cold lead-free glass, it will easily burst.
4. Light weight: Compared with lead-free crystal glass products, lead-containing crystal glass products should be slightly heavy.
5. Listen to the sound: Beyond the metallic sound of the leaded crystal glass, the sound of the lead-free glass is more pleasing to the ear and has a good reputation as a "music" cup.
6, see toughness: lead-free glass is more tough than leaded crystal glass, that is, impact resistance.
National standards for lead-free crystal glass have not yet been developed
Since our country does not have a national standard for crystal glass, many companies are producing according to EU standards.
In the European standard, crystal glasses are classified into lead-free, medium-lead and high-lead. The content of lead oxide in medium lead glass reaches 24%; the content of lead oxide in high lead glass reaches 36%.
If the crystal glass container is produced according to EU standards, no matter what kind of product it contains, there are strict international regulations and it should be safe for the human body. However, due to the lack of standards in our country, we cannot rule out the situation that individual manufacturers have a large amount of randomness and it is difficult to guarantee product quality.
Therefore, it is recommended that when using leaded glassware in daily life, try to avoid containing acid drinks or food, it is best to use ordinary glass. Conditions permit, using lead-free crystal glass as wine glasses and kitchen utensils, which is more secure and reliable.