There are many types of glass, which play an important role in various industries. In addition to the insulating glass and laminated glass used to make doors and windows, we also have many types of artistic decorations, such as hot-melt glass and embossed glass. We use glass every day and use it to drink various liquids. However, there are some cheap glasses that contain many substances that are harmful to human health, and long-term use will cause great harm to the human body. If you want to know if cheap glasses are poisonous, you might as well read it.
1. Is the cheap glass poisonous?
Ordinary lime-silica glass is cheap, and the lead content cannot be effectively controlled, so we usually use it to bury hidden dangers for the body. When we choose to pay more attention, we can also avoid buying poor quality products. Lead glass. Ordinary glass products have a dark color, poor refractive index, and a bad hand feel. Many times you can still see bubbles and impurities. The sound of tapping with your fingers is dull, and the workmanship is slightly rough.It may be at the edges or handles. You will see burrs, and the overall cup looks darker and not upscale.
Some high-end glass crafts use crystal glass, which contains toxic heavy metals such as lead oxide.Although the appearance is beautiful and transparent, when it is used, the lead contained in it will be released into the water, which is also very harmful.
2. What harm can a toxic glass cause?
The glasses that cause poisoning are usually leaded crystal glasses and pigmented glasses.
Painted glass is poisonous. Although the stained glass can give people a pleasing feeling and add a lot of fun to our lives. But the colorful glass flower world contains harmful and even highly toxic elements. , Such as lead, chromium, cadmium, nickel, copper, manganese and other heavy metals, as well as arsenic, fluorine, chlorine, sulfur and other non-metals. In the industrial production process, these elements will be released, gasified, polluting the atmosphere and water sources, so Causes damage. The cadmium element contained in this pigmented glass will also cause irritation to the respiratory tract. Long-term exposure will cause loss of smell, gingival macula, or gradually become yellow circles. Cadmium compounds are not easily absorbed by the intestine, but It can be absorbed by the body through breathing and accumulates in the liver or kidney, causing harm, especially to the kidney. It can also cause osteoporosis and softening.
The crystal glass is poisonous and contains lead. The crystal glass contains lead. If it is used to hold boiling water or acidic beverages, the lead in the glass will dissolve in the water when it encounters boiling water. Induces toxic substances that are harmful to the human body. There are two main types of crystal glass in circulation on the market: lead-free crystal glass and lead-containing crystal glass. The former generally contains potassium, mostly high-end crafts and is marked on the outer packaging; the latter It contains lead, that is, the common crystal glassware in some supermarkets and street stalls, the content of lead oxide can reach 24%. Cups made of lead-containing artificial crystals hold alcohol, cola, honey and fruit acid-containing In the daily life of acidic beverages such as fruit juices or other acidic foods, lead ions may form soluble lead salts that are ingested by the body with beverages or foods, which is a serious hazard to health.